Thursday, June 19, 2014

A new "school"

Last week was a big week for Hudson & Mila, they both started at a new "school"!  They are now attending "school" at Early Ventures in Northfield, right by my work.  It has been an exciting and positive change for the both of them.  

Hudson is in the early preschool classroom and so far he is doing great!  He loves his new teacher, Miss Tami, and has made some new friends as well.  There are all sorts of new toys in his classroom, which has definitely kept him busy.  They have been busy playing outside, taking walks, and doing all sorts of crafts.  This week they are focusing on bugs!  Come fall, Hudson will also be attending preschool two days a week at his new school in a classroom upstairs.  

Mila is in the infant room and has adjusted really well to her new environment.  I was a little worried about the transition as they would not allow her to have her blanket in her crib.  She has slept with one since she was 3 months so I knew that would not go well.  Since she is almost one, they are letting her nap on a cot with her blanket and she has taken some great naps so far :)  She also loves that they take walks outside when it's nice to get some fresh air!

One thing I am really excited about is they are piloting a program called Precioustatus.  This app send me updates throughout the day about both of them and even pictures that are taken!  It's a nice way for me to keep track of their day even though I am not able to be with them.  Another perk about them being so close to my work, Hudson & I were able to have a lunch date yesterday :)

I am so relieved that this transition went so well as my stomach was definitely in knots the weeks leading up to their first day.  So far we have been really happy with the new "school" and how both kids are loving it!




No comments:

Post a Comment