Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Extra TLC

The hardest part for me about being a mom and working full-time is having to leave baby boy whenever he is sick.  Luckily, between Justin, my parents, and my sister there are plenty of people to help out when he needs to be home so I am not draining my PTO but I hate that it is not me home with him, giving him that extra TLC he needs....

I have been battling a virus (cough, sore throat, headache) for about 3 weeks and had been waiting for baby boy to get it and of course, when it seemed like he was in the clear, I get the dreaded phone call from daycare to let me know I need to come and get him as he is running a fever of 103.  This also happens to be the week when Justin is out of town for work.....

So I left work yesterday about 1:30 to go pick up baby boy.  Poor thing, he just looked miserable.  He was happy to see his mama though, gave me a big hug and did not want to let go.  So home we went, where we spent a majority of our afternoon on the couch, cuddling, and watching Happy Feet over & over & over again......

Taking a little nap on mama.....


Luckily, Nana was able to come down today to watch him and since he still had a fever (thankfully only 100*) this morning, auntie Tonia will come tomorrow morning so I can work a half day and be home with him tomorrow afternoon.  Hoping by Thursday we will be okay to go to daycare and be ready for our big birthday bash on Saturday.  For now, it will be lots of snuggles, fluids, and rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment