Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cabin Fun

For the past 22 years my family (Flategraff's) has headed up to Alexandria to spend the 4th of July at the Germscheid's cabin.  We tend to go a little overboard in celebrating America but it does make for a fun weekend.  During grad school I always had to miss out because of summer classes or clinicals :(  The first year Justin went was 2008 but then we did not make the trip again due to him being on call and then having baby boy.  Last year he stayed behind and I went with Hudson.  This year we were finally all able to go for at least part of it and what a great week it was.  We had a great time catching up, participating in yard game olympics (TBC next year), plenty of great food (Thanks Bill!), and great weather.  Hudson had a great time playing in the sand, swimming in the lake, riding the boat, & he even took his first Jet-ski ride with mama.  I was a little worried as last year the lifejacket was a complete fail but this year we were able to get it on without a tear :)

Here are some pictures of the week from my camera.  I still need to get some of the 4th of July pics from my mom as well as Hudson on the Jet-ski.

The swiffer was one of Hudson's favorite toys at the cabin :/  My son loves to clean.....

Ralph found some of Bill & Matt's old trucks which kept baby boy well occupied :)

Getting ready to splash mama!


Love this smile!  Throwing rocks & sand into the lake

Playing in the lake.  Shortly after this he started walking right into the water, yikes!

Playing in the lake with mama!  Once he got used to it, he did not want to get out

Loving the water, such a fish!



In high school one of my favorite courses was photography.  I loved playing with different settings on my camera, but unfortunately I forgot a lot of what I learned when we got our Cannon Rebel :(  But at the cabin I was lucky to get a little photographer session from Lexie, an awesome photographer!  Here are some pics of the sunset in manual :)



Hoping to get the rest of the pics soon from my mom so I can post those too!  Can't wait for next years cabin adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment