Monday, March 4, 2013

Pregnancy #2

This week marks the 18th week of pregnancy number 2!  Thursday we are scheduled for the big ultrasound where hopefully baby will reveal it's gender.  Yes I am excited to find out whether Hudson will have a little brother or sister but more so I just need to see the baby and know that everything is going ok. 

I have noticed with this pregnancy I am more relaxed and just going with the flow of things.  With Hudson, being pregnant for the first time and not knowing what to expect, I was a bit of an emotional roller coaster especially that first trimester.  I had issues with nausea and vomiting until week 14.  I also had a hard time with the weight gain and clothes not fitting.  Things got better as my pregnancy progressed and I could start to feel Hudson move but I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I should have.  I was definitely in a hurry for it to be over and to meet baby boy.

With this pregnancy, I have been taking everything in stride.  I think too with having a active toddler at home, I don't really have a lot of time to think about my pregnancy and the side effects, i.e. nausea, heartburn, etc.  The only time I can really stop and think about it, is at night when I am lying in bed but the last week I lay there and enjoy feeling baby move.  I'm also not in a rush for the pregnancy to fly by.  Yes I am excited to meet baby #2 but right now I am enjoying my time as a family of 3 and watching Hudson grow.  I am sure come July I will be more than ready to be done being pregnant but right now I am taking each day at a time.

So far the votes are pretty evenly split on whether we are having a girl or a boy.  Hopefully we will have that answer on Thursday but we may keep it to ourselves, at least until after we share the news with our families :)

17 weeks & growing

No comments:

Post a Comment